Add hotspot v1.63
- Ability to create, delete, copy hotspots.
- Positioning hotspot with mouse, selecting hotspot image in Explorer window.
- Enter name of hotspot. Appears when you hover mouse over hotspot.
- Advanced settings - ability to change the scale, transparency, rotation along axes x,y,z. Also you can make their actions in onover, onhover, onclick, onout.
- Prepare a hot spot for opening photos.
- Assign a hotspot to open a video file.
- Creating a video hotspot. Including directional 3D sound with respect to the hotspot.
- Prepare a hot spot for opening youtube link.
- Prepare a hot spot to open the audio file. Including directional 3D sound with respect to the hotspot.
- Assign hotspots to open URL links in a new window, in the current window, in frame.
- Create a list of url links to specific places in a tour with a given viewing angle. Gives able move to a specific place in the tour from external resources.
- Insert part of the image extracted in PTGui. Does not require code editing, coordinates are recalculated automatically.
- Creating a text hotspot.
- Creating polygonal hotspot.
- Plugin has a drop-down list of created hotspots. Click on the name of hotspots opens view of this hotspots.
- Possible to search for hotspots using its name.
- Easy connection.
- Edit and save without editing code in main xml file.
<krpano .... > <include url="add_hotspot/plugins_l/editor/add_hotspot.xml"" /> . . </krpano>
To create a new project, replace the file add_hotspot/save_hotspot.xml, with a clean file, which is located in the folder "add_hotspot/new project/save_hotspot.xml" or remove hotspots from the file save_hotspot.xml
After connecting the Plugin at first start, press key combination "E+L", a line opens to enter a 4-digit PIN code.
Enter PIN code and press "Enter" (Note uppercase letters), a minimized plugin panel will appear. Open Plugin panel and click " Save". When Explorer window open, specify path to save "add_hotspot/save_hotspot.xml"
When you re-open tour plugin panel will be available, you do not need to enter PIN code.
When editing of tour is complete, press "Delete PIN" Resave file "save_hotspot.xml" Restart the browser - to open the plugin again, you will need to enter PIN code.
Purpose of buttons:
- hover text - If necessary, enter the name of the hot spot (appears above the hot spot when you hover the mouse). by default, the name of the hot spot is displayed.
- Image icon - Click on the icon to open the explorer to select the image hotspot. Images must be placed along the way. "add_hotspot/picture" .
- Add hotspot - Create hotspot. Hotspot appears in the center of the window with a pre-selected image.
- "Image" - Click the button if no hotspot is assigned to actions from the other tabs below..
- Crosshair - Turns on / off the crosshair for easy positioning of the created hot spot.
- Copy "+" - Creates a copy of the selected hotspot. Hotkey."+" .
- Scale - Changes scale of hotspots. Press and move mouse in the pressed state to the left( zoom out) or to the right(zoom in).
- Distorted - On/Off distorted hotspot.
- "Delete" - Delete selected hotspot. Hotkey "Delete".
- Save - Save all created hotspots and changes in file save_hotspot.xml. When Explorer window open, specify path to save "add_hotspot/save_hotspot.xml"
- Drag - Lock-unlock button for moving active hotspot.
- Drag all - Lock-unlock button to move all created hotspots.
- Copy attributes - Copy the attributes of the selected hotspot
- Paste attributes - Paste copied attributes.
- Select attributes - Select attributes to insert. Clicking this button will open a list of attributes. It is possible to select the attributes that are necessary for copying..
- Delete PIN - Deleting a pin code and saving the project.
- List of hotspots - Drop-down list of names of created hot spots. Clicking on the name in the list takes a look at this hot spot and activates it.
- Search - Hot spot search string. Enter a name and press "Enter". The look will go to this hot spot and it will be active for editing. When you click on hotspots, the name of the hotspots appears in this line.
Spreading the panel across the width, additional buttons will appear.:
Grabbing the triangle at the bottom right, you can expand the panel, Additional tabs will open. The tabs are in a collapsed state and are expanded by clicking on the triangle or the name inside the tab..
Tabs are needed to assign actions when clicking on a hotspot and to create text, polygonal and video hotspots. The tab is selected by pressing the corresponding round button, the button will turn green. When you click on a hotspot, its corresponding tab becomes active.
By default, a hotspot image is created without assigning any actions to it. In the tab "Manual setings (direct input)" You can set its parameters manually.How to change parameters:
Select a hotspot by clicking on it, name of edited access point appears on first line. Edited hotspot is moved by mouse
and positioning coordinates are immediately displayed on corresponding buttons.
Clicking in an empty place on screen resets selection!
Changes to parameter are made by pressing left mouse button and moving it to the left (decrease the parameter) and to the right
(parameter increase). Farther the mouse is moved away from click location , when faster parameter changes.
The changes are directly applied to hotspots and you can be visually controlled result.
Parameters that have two states (on or off) switch by clicking on button.
Clicking on button highlights it with a green frame, direct keyboard input becomes available - numbers (right on keyboard), percentage ("5" button of top row of keyboard).
Backspace clears the numeric value on the button.
Selected parameter is also displayed in the line above buttons, where you can edit/delete, copy, paste. To enter, press "Enter" button.
- attribute window - Open a window to display the parameters of the active hotspot. (Shortcut key - "W").
- alpha - change alpha (0 - 1)/
- rotate - rotate (-360...360)/
- ath - horizontal coordinate (-180...180)/
- atv - vertical coordinate (-90...90)/
- rx - rotation around its own x axis. (in degrees).
- rx - rotation around its own axis x. (in degrees).
- ry - rotation around its own axis y. (in degrees).
- rz - rotation around its own axis z. (in degrees).
- Speed - changing speed of main parameters from 0 to 10..
- ox - offset along «x»-axis (in px).
- oy - oy - offset along «y»-axis (in px).
- edge - positioning (9 variant’s).
- width - width change. (pixels.) The value of "prop" is proportional.(by default, pixels)
- height - height change. (pixels). The value "prop" is proportional. (By default "prop") To enter the "prop" value, press the "p" key
- zorder - display sequence number (visibility). A higher value brings to the foreground (1-100).
- capture - mouse capture. if the value is" false", clicking on the hot spot and shifting to the side does not prevent moving the panorama (true/falce). actions/ functions to be called when...
- onover - user hovered the mouse pointer.
- onhover - user hovered the mouse pointer, called 15 times per second while cursor over the hotspot.
- onout - user has removed cursor from the hotspot.
- onclick - user clicked on the hotspot.
- onloaded - the hot spot is loaded.
- handcursor - show hand when hovering hotspot (true/falce).
- depth - The internal 3D rendering depth - that's the distance of the 3D object to the screen. For 2D viewing this has no visible effect, but for stereo 3D/VR viewing this can be important setting. E.g. use smaller values for a stronger 'pop-out' effect. When a hotspot image should be infinity far away (like the pano image itself, e.g. to pixel-perfectly match the pano-background) then an 'invalid' value (e.g. a String like "off") should be used for the depth setting - e.g. depth="off".
- enabled2 - All generated hotspots are global and the values "enabled" and "visible" become active in the scene that is listed in the hotspot. If enabled2="falce", then regardless of the prescribed scene hotspot will be turned off. In edit mode enabled2="true" (true/falce).
- visible2 - If visible2 = "falce", then regardless of the registered scene, the hotspot will be invisible. In edit mode visible2="true" (true/falce).
- zoom - Should the size of the hotspot image change together with the pano when zooming.
- flying - This setting interpolates automatically the ath/atv and scale values to the current viewing values. The value range is from 0.0 to 1.0. At 1.0 the hotspot image will be locked always to the middle to screen and it's size will be relative to 1000 pixel in screen height.
Select a hotspot by clicking on it - its attributes will be displayed in this window. You can select and copy parameters by pressing "Ctrl + C". The size of the window can be changed by grasping the lower right corner. The text inside the window is automatically distributed across the width. The window can be moved by grasping the top. Entering parameters in the window is not possible.
parameters "rx", "ry", rz " are changed only when the parameter "distorted" is enabled".
Clicking on buttons below will activate window with the input line, where you can register or edit actions or functions.
Pressing "Backspace" button clears the digital value of the attribute on button.
More information on assignment of hotspot attributes can be obtained on website
Activate tab by clicking Open scene.
Click on the thumbnail and select desired scene from list by clicking on thumbnail of scene.
Now created hotspot when clicked will open the selected scene.
- Template - Pattern opening scene. Default "loadscene (scene_name,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5));". You can set your scene opening values by typing them in a line. Cannot change scene name variable. "scene_name"
- Info - Help on "loadscene" action on site krpano .
- Default transition - When clicked, default template is set.
- krpano default transition - Set transition as default to "krpano" when creating a tour..
(Flash, HTML5)Pre-place the photos in a folder add_hotspot/photo/.
Create and configure a hot spot. Activate the tab by clicking Open photo.
Click on the thumbnail and in the explorer window that opens, select an image from the folder add_hotspot/photo/.
Clicking on the created hotspot will open the selected image.
When you hover over an image, it is zoomed by turning the mouse wheel. Zoom occurs relative to the cursor position. When you click on the image, you can drag it.
- Text below photo - Enter a caption for the photo displayed under the open photo.
- Height relative to window - The height of the window relative to the screen in percentage.
- Clicking on an empty space closes window - Close the window by clicking in an empty area of the screen.
You can customize the style of the caption text in the file "add_hotspot/plugins_l/style_ed_L.xml"
Pre-place the video file in a folder add_hotspot/video/.
Create and configure hotspot. Activate the tab by clicking Open video.
Click on the "Play" thumbnail and in the Explorer window that opens, select the video file from the folder "add_hotspot/video/".
- Volume at start - Set the desired video volume when playing with the slider or by entering a numeric value from 0 (min) to 1 (max). Default - 0.5.
- loop - Select the play mode. Green light - looped, gray - play once.
- Select a poster image - images (typical screen shot of the first video frame), which should be displayed until the video is loaded and will not be ready to play.
- Height relative to window - The height of the window relative to the screen in percentage.
- Clicking on an empty space closes window - Close the window by clicking on the blank screen..
Adding a poster is highly recommended! The poster image must have the same pixel size as the video itself! All parameters are local and tied to the edited hot spot. For another hot spot, set your own settings. Clicking on the created hot spot will open the selected video file.
Krpano video player is used to play video. videoplayer.
Pre-place the video file in the add_hotspot/video/ folder.
Activate the tab by clicking Video hotspot.
Click on the icon and in the Explorer(provider?) window that opens, select the video file from the "add_hotspot/video/" folder.
Adding a poster is highly recommended! The poster image must have the same pixel size as the video itself!
All set parameters of the local and bound to the editable hotspot. For another hot spot, set your own settings.
Create and configure a hotspot.
Activate the tab by clicking Open youtube.
Select a video on youtube and click "share". A link will appear, for example https://youtu.be/mMpWL8XM2-k.
Copy code after slash mMpWL8XM2-k and paste in the row, click "Enter"
By clicking on the hotspot, a window opens with video from youtube.
Create paired audio files, for example "sound1.mp3" and "sound1.ogg", browser will automatically select
desired one. Pre-place the audio files in the folder add_hotspot/sound/.
Create and configure a hotspot. Activate tab by pressing Play sound.
Click on icon "sound" and that opens in window , select the audio file with extension "mp3" from folder "add_hotspot/sound/"
- "Volume at start" - Set the start volume of the sound with the slider or by entering a numerical value from 0(min) до 1(max).
The default is 0.5.
In "3D sound" mode, this value is maximum volume.
- "loops" - Enter number of repetitions. A value of 0 is a constant repetition.
- "Вirectional 3D sound" - Enable directional 3D sound with respect to hotspot. When you turn from hotspot vertically and horizontally, volume decreases.
- Range of the sound - Range of sound in degrees. If you deviate from the hotspot by this amount, the volume decreases to zero.
- "play / pause" - Stop, play sound.
- "Speaker" - Click - turns on / off sound. Hovering the cursor opens a panel with a slider to adjust the volume.
- "Time line" - Informs about the current playback time. Grabbing the strip you can move the moment of playback.
- "Time" - Shows the current and total playback time.
Clicking on the hotspot will start playing the file, the hotspot image will be replaced by the speaker icon. Clicking on the speaker stops the sound and sets the former picture.
During audio playback, a sound control panel appears.
There are three ways to open a link:
- New window - open link in new window. (Flash, HTML5)
- Here - open link in current window. (only HTML5)
- In frame - to open a link in a frame (window in a window). Unfortunately, it does not work on ios yet. (only HTML5)
Choose a hotspot and enter address of site to open (or copy "Ctrl+C" and paste into line "Ctrl+V") , press Enter".
Try to shorten long links, not all links can open "In frame". You can try entering links here.
This tab creates links like this:
It opens a virtual tour on the selected scene with the selected scene in scene and specified viewing angle.
It is necessary to check up efficiency of the link created by you on a server of the Customer. Place, for example, a test tour on the Customer's server.
Activate the tab, set desired view and angle in scene, set name to the view, create a hotspot in this location.
In this case, hotspot is a reference point of the created view and it becomes invisible when edit mode is disabled or panel is minimized. If necessary, change the viewing angle-select the hot spot and click on the button "Save curent fov""
Enter in line "URL 3D tour" address of the virtual tour. This address applies to all hotspots created in this tab. Dropdown list"List of url links to hotspot" contains the names of all created views. Button "Save list" saves a list of references to a file List of external links.xml when Explorer are open, specify save location.
This tab allows you to ideally place part of image (pixel per pixel) extracted from panorama.
How to extract part of image is described in detail on krpano forum, i recommend to carefully read! Next, edit it at your own discretion (insert open door, change color of object, etc.). And you can insert an image using this tab without xml code edits.
- Place edited image along path add_hotspot/picture/.
- Activate tab by clicking Patgh PTGui.
- Select created earlier image by clicking on icon "Select image" and create a hotspot by tapping "Add hotspot" . In tab on "image:" the name of selected file appears.
- If image is large, create a smaller copy for mobile version, click onmobile image: and select this image.
- If you extracted an image as described in krpano forum, then you should have these settings saved: "hfov","yaw","pitch","roll".Enter these parameters into corresponding cells, each time pressing "Enter".
If necessary, select desired predefined actions, activate by clicking on name (indicator turns green):
- onover-show - When you hover mouse, image appears smoothly.
- onout-hide - On out mouse - image faded away.
- show/hide - Clicking on image will toggle visibility/
- show - Show image.
- hide - Hide image.
- show/hide - Toggle visibility.
Copy to clipboard - copy the contents of the line to the clipboard for subsequent insertion.
This tab allows you to create and edit text hotspots. Detailed information about the attributes of the text hot spot is
All Windows with digital values allow you to enter parameters from the keyboard, insert, copy. As you enter, press " Enter".
- Create text hotspot - Create a text hotspot with default settings.
- The change in all radii. - Hover over upper average round point, hint "all round " will appear and button will become green.
Press the button and move the cursor to the right(increase the radius of all corners) or to the left (decrease the radius of all corners).
The angle radius value will be displayed next to the button.
- Changing the radius separately - Opposite each corner is a similar button. It changes the radius of the corresponding angle by the same principle.
- Changing the thickness of the border - The button is located at the bottom of the border. The principle of changing the thickness of the border
is the same as changing the radius of the corners.
- Shadow hotspot - Click on the button and move the mouse without releasing-the shadow of the hotspot will shift accordingly.
- x offset - Displays the value of the shadow offset along the x axis.
- y offset - Displays the value of the shadow offset along the y axis.
- blur - Press button and, without releasing, move mouse to right (increase blur of shadow), to left (decrease blur of shadow).
- Color fill - Fill color hotspot.
- Color border - Border color hotspot.
- Color shadow - Color hotspot shade.
Clicking the button opens the color and transparency editing panel. Clicking on the hot spot displays its value in the upper right square, the color is displayed in the left square. Clicking on the right box returns to the original spot color.
- html - Enter the text displayed in the hot spot. You can use multiple HTML tags, simple CSS styles, or tags to generate text.
- css - Text style. Leave a space between the colon and the "color" and "font-size" parameters!
- Size text - Change height of text.
- Shadw text - Is the same panel as Shadw hotspot, only the parameters are applied to the text shadow.
- padding - Four buttons for changing indent text on four sides.
- Color text - Change text color.
- Text shadow color - Shadow color change.
- oversampling - Upscale the internal bitmap rendering target by the given oversampling factor for a higher-resolution (sharper) text.
- vcenter - Vertically center the text within the given plugin height.
- wordwrap - Set if the text should automatically wrap around (line-break) to new lines when the text doesn't fit into the current line.
- bg - Turn on, turn off the background.
- mergedalpha - By default the alpha transparency of the background will be applied also to the border and shadow, but by disabling that setting, it would be possible to render the border and shadow with their own and independent alpha transparency.
- mipmapping - Enable mipmapping - this reduces aliasing effects when displaying the text as scaled-down element.
This tab allows you to create and edit polygonal hotspots. Detailed information on the assignment of polygonal hotspot attributes
- Create and edit - Mode of creating and editing polygonal hotspots. Active - red button.
In the edit mode, click on the hot spot-there will be nodal points at the corners. Grabbing the point, you can move the angle. When you hover over a point, two buttons "+" (create point) and "x" (delete point) appear.
There are two tabs in the panel Default settings and Hotspot.
Here you can configure the default settings (polygon hot spots style). These parameters will be applied to newly created hotspots.
- Show text - Pop-up text when hovering over the hot spot. enter if necessary. By default, the name of the hot spot is displayed.
If the text is not needed - remove from the line.
- Polyline - Polygon or polygon line creation mode.
- handcursor - Hand cursor when hovering over the hot spot.
- capture - Mouse capture.
- Color fill - Fill color. Click on the color indicator to open the color and transparency settings panel.
- Color border - Border color.
- Width border - Border width (Pix.).
- Alpha - Transparency of hotspots(0-1).
- The parameters are the same as in Settings 1.
The following parameters have two States and are divided into two columns. The first state is the default, the second state can be applied to the hotspot when hovering, clicking etc. and therefore have the installation code set_pol_1(); и set_pol_2();. By default, the second parameters are set on mouse hover - onover="set_pol_2();" and when the mouse is removed from the hot spot onout="set_pol_1();"Settings 1 - the parameters of the hotspot 1. Installation code set_pol_1();
Settings 2 - hotspot options 2. Installation code set_pol_2();
When you click on the hot spot, it becomes active and the name of the selected hot spot is displayed in the bookmark name.
Here you can configure the parameters of the created hot spot. These parameters will be applied to the selected hot spot.
This tab has the same settings as Default settings
, with four more buttons added on it.
- Copy "Ctrl+C" - Copy the parameters of the selected hot spot. Keys "Ctrl+C"
- Paste "Ctrl+V" - Insert parameters into the selected hot spot. Keys "Ctrl+V".
- Reset to default - Reset settings to default.
- Set to default - To set the hotspot as your default.
The bottom row of buttons and the input line are used to enter and edit actions.
Select the desired event by clicking on the appropriate button. The code of the called action appears in the line. You can enter a new code and edit an existing one.
- onclick - Actions / functions that will be called when there is a mouse click on the hotspot element.
- onhover - Actions / functions that will be called in intervals (15 times per second) when the mouse stays over / hovers the hotspot element.
- onover - Actions / functions that will be called when the mouse moves over the hotspot element.
- onout - Actions / functions that will be called when the mouse moves out of the hotspot element.
- ondown - Actions / functions that will be called when the mouse button will be pressed down on the hotspot element.
- onup - Actions / functions that will be called when the previously pressed mouse button will be released.
- onloaded - Actions / functions that will be called when the hotspot is loaded.
In order not to use the resources for the editor’s code, the opportunity has been made to exclude the editor from the tour upon completion of the work.
For this created file add_hotspot_2.xml. It contains only the information that is necessary for the work of hotspots..
Upon completion, you need to remove pin code. and change the connection by writing in the file tour.xml :
<krpano .... > <include url="add_hotspot/plugins_l/add_hotspot_2.xml"" /> . . </krpano>
Test the plug-in by this link. If you liked the plugin,
You can get it by making a donation through PayPal.
Do not forget to specify the e-mail address and specify the 4-digit desired Pin code.
I will send to this address a link to download the archive with the files of Hotspot editor within one day.
You will receive plug-in updates for free!
If you have questions about the purchase of a plug-in, write to me at email@example.com, will answer you.
- Working example of use. In example, folder with Plugin "add_hotspot"
Plugin is provided "As Is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including any warranty of quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will author of plugin be liable for loss of data, costs of procurement of substitute goods or services or any special, consequential or incidental damages, under any cause of action and regardless of whether or not plugin author have been advised of possibility of such damage. This limitation will apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy provided herein. In any event plugin author will have no liability arising out of this agreement.